New Zim Permits will cost R1090, Only ZSP Holders can APPLY #ZEP. The Home Affairs Minister Mkhize announced the requirements of the new permit for Zimbabwean working and living in South Africa who are in possession of the ZSP permits expiring in 31 December 2017.
The new permits will cost R1090 for administration fees… See all requirements:
Implementation of ZEP is as follows
- The new Zimbabwean Exemption Permit (ZEP) project will begin on 15 September 2017.
- The ZEP is open for valid ZSP permit-holders only.
- We advise prospective applicants to submit applications online, from 15 September 2017, through the VFS website: www.vfsglobal.com/ZEP/SouthAfrica/com
- Cut-off date for submission of applications is 30 November 2017.
- An administrative fee of R1090 will be charged
- ZEP permits will be issued for a maximum period of Four (4) years, effective from 01 January 2018 and expiring on 31 December 2021, notwithstanding the date of application.
- Thereafter applicants will be allocated appointments for the required submission of fingerprints and supporting documents to VFS, from 01 October 2017. The relevant VFS offices are listed at the end of the statement.
An applicant will be required to submit the following:
- A valid Zimbabwean passport.
- Evidence of employment – in case of an appication for work rights.
- Evidence of Business – in case of an application for business rights
- Evidence of an admission letter from a recognised learning institution – in the case of an application for study rights.
Conditions of the ZEP Permit
- Does not entitle the right ro apply for permanent residence irrespective of the period of stay in the Republic of South Africa.
- Will not be renewable / extendable.
- Does not allow a holder to change conditions of hiss/her permit while in South Africa.
- ZSP permit holders who wish to convert their status to any other mainstream visa should apply timeously for such visa from within SA provided they meet all the requirements for that visa.
- A ZSP applicant will be allowed to travel using the ZEP receipt and the expired ZSP permit until such time as the ZEP permit is issued, without being declared undesirable.