Home Mzansi News SHOP OWNERS DIE IN DEADLY FIRE

SHOP OWNERS DIE IN DEADLY FIRE

871
0
Shop Fire
Loading...

Residents were woken by screaming neighbours in the early hours of yesterday morning.

A spaza shop owned by two men in Manyonyo section, Bugeni, Limpopo was on fire.

The residents did not help themselves to the men’s stock.

Instead, they tried everything in their power to save the men from the fire. However, their efforts were in vain.

The two men died in their room inside the store. Firefighters had been called to the scene, but it was too late for the two men.

Residents said they are finding it hard to accept that the friendly Bangladeshi men have died.

Mashudu Mudau (45), a regular customer, said she bought bread and airtime from the shop every morning.

“They were part of our community because they have been running their spaza here for many years.

Shop Fire

“They were good to their customers and most people preferred to buy from them instead of other spaza owners.

“Even if you didn’t have money, they would still give you the goods and tell you to come and pay when you had the cash,” said a shocked Mashudu.

Limpopo police spokesman Lieutenant-Colonel Moatshe Ngoepe confirmed the incident.

He said two cases of inquest and arson have been opened and are being investigated.

Ngoepe said police recovered a substance which indicates the shop might have been set alight.

“The motive behind this incident is not clear right now but foul play has not been ruled out.

“We are pleading with anyone who has information that could lead to an arrest to contact Captain Sotlo Boshomane on 079 894 5501.

“They can also call their nearest police station.”

Are you looking for a new job?

Are you unemployed and want a new job? Or maybe you have a job already and want to find greener pastures? We have all these amazing Job Listings just for you. Take a look and find that amazing Job Today.  – See All Listings
Loading...