A 77-year-old man has appeared in court in connection with the sexual exploitation of three teenagers and a woman in Cape Town, the Cape Argus reported on Thursday.
The man appeared in the Goodwood Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday when the case was postponed until Friday for a bail application.
He has not yet pleaded.
According to the report, he is being charged for crimes allegedly committed against two 14-year-olds, a 15-year-old and a 20-year-old between 2010 and this year.
Assistant squad chief Nathan Ladegourdie said on Wednesday that the four were rescued from a house in Richwood, in a joint police operation on Friday.
“[They] had previously been recruited from Dunoon and taken to Richwood, where they were sexually abused and exposed to pornography and prostitution,” he said.
They were taken into protective custody.